I ran across this 6 Months ago, and thought it was interesting, do you follow this?
1. The Amateur is Considerate … He never knowingly uses the air in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
2. The Amateur is Loyal … He offers his loyalty, encouragement and support to his fellow radio amateurs, his local club and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio is represented.
3. The Amateur is Progressive … He keeps his station abreast of science. It is well built and efficient. His operating practice is above reproach.
4. The Amateur is Friendly … Slow and patient sending when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others; these are the marks of the amateur spirit.
5. The Amateur is Balanced … Radio is his hobby. He never allows it to interfere with any of the duties he owes to his home, his job, his school, or his community.
6. The Amateur is Patriotic … His knowledge and his station are always ready for the service of his country and his community.